- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5 years of experience with technologies in this job description.
- Extensive Linux desktop and server experience.
- Extensive AWS and GCloud experience, especially with configuration management, server orchestration, and vendor service integrations.
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef and containerized deployments such as Docker.
- Proficiency programming in shell and Python.
- Ability to research hardware and software issues.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, anticipate and address problems and delays.
- Ability to follow up on open items and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to keep abreast of new technologies including desktop, laptop, and server hardware; Linux and UNIX operating system and application software; and High Performance Computing related technologies.
- Attend monthly SCAD-DCS Trainings and technical meetings.
- Characteristics of the successful candidate include an exemplary customer service attitude, strong initiative, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, attention to detail, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in GPU and Xeon Phi High Performance Computing cluster setup and usage.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Linux/UNIX standard systems and software applications.
- Familiarity with Linux desktop, with Red Hat kickstart, rpms, yum, ldap, email servers, firewalls.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW