Fundraising Initiatives Lead Responsibilities:
Managing a select group of fundraising initiatives, the Assistant Director:
- Drives project fundraising strategy for those initiatives by forming cross-disciplinary teams to develop and execute project fundraising plans.
- Develops giving opportunities for initiatives.
- Collaborates with frontline fundraisers to identify prospects and advance solicitations.
- Communicates with frontline colleagues to ensure that the assigned initiatives are top-of-mind in prospect work; serves as a resource for detailed information about initiatives.
- Working with Associate Director in FIG and Development Communications, ensures that fundraising materials for use by staff and volunteers are up-to-date.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with faculty and administrators collaborating on fundraising for these initiatives, informing them about fundraising strategies and progress.
- Ensures effective use of faculty partners’ time to engage and solicit prospects and donors.
Fundraising Initiatives Teams Staffing Responsibilities:
With the AVP and Senior Associate Director, monitors and works to ensure that fundraising for other major University initiatives is moving forward:
- Partners with colleagues to advance follow-up and track activities of all the other Fundraising Initiatives “teams,” described above.
- For select initiatives, the Assistant Director collaborates on content for retreats, training, and other project-focused cultivation events.
Fundraising Initiatives Authorization Process:
- Collaborates with the VP for Advancement, the AVP and the Senior Associate Director (SAD) in the Fundraising Initiatives Group on developing and organizing the fundraising initiatives for the University’s upcoming capital campaign.
- The incumbent conducts research with peer institutions to provide benchmarking information for establishing giving opportunities for emerging fundraising initiatives, such as endowment thresholds, facilities naming, center endowments, and the like.
- The incumbent works to gather, synthesize, and present information to the VP for Advancement, the AVP, and others, and facilitating preparation for the Fundraising Priorities Working Group and the Fundraising Priorities Committee.
- The incumbent ensures effective communications associated with the fundraising authorization process, including drafting meeting minutes and communicating and monitoring follow-up with front liners and campus partners.
Fundraising Initiatives Analytics:
- Working with the Analytics and Data Management group, the Assistant Director.
- collaborates on campaign progress reports to track progress on fundraising for identified campaign initiatives
- collaborates on and maintains gift purpose coding protocols to correspond with campaign table of needs
Prospect Management Staffing Responsibilities:
- Drafts pre-visit briefings for campus partners and donor call reports for AVP prospects.
- Assists with prospect strategy, stewardship, correspondence, and follow-up for AVP’s prospect pool and other prospects as requested.
- Works with AVP on developing materials for prospect campus visits.
- Handles other prospect-related assignments as directed.