The Princeton Institute for the Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM) seeks a Gants/Business Administrator. The Grants/Business Administrator handles proposal submission and post-award management related to sponsored projects as well as all aspects of business administration as needed. The grants/Business Administrator reports to the Grants/Business Manager.
• Preparing proposals submission through COEUS, FastLane and Grants.gov
• Monitoring spending rates on grants; adherence to specific agency compliance regulations, deadlines, need for extensions, etc.
• Assisting faculty with submitting annual technical reports, coordinating financial reports with Sponsored Research Office; updating budgets and/or re-budgeting in COEUS database.
• Reconciliation of sponsored research and departmental accounts and monitoring of expenditures.
• Providing backup to the Financial Manager in shared facilities activities. Handling purchasing.
• Assisting the MNFL and IAC directors in their administrative duties.
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Institute Manager and/or the Grants Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience in grants management.
• Candidate must be proficient in Excel and Word, and have a solid knowledge of accounting basics.
• The qualified candidate must be very detailed oriented, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of budget development and financial analysis.
• Ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects, meet deadlines and maintain high level of accuracy and confidentiality in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
• Must be a team player, able to multi-task and to work independently.
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft and PRIME financial system, COEUS and electronic grant application (e.g. NSF Fastlane, NIH era commons and Grants.gov) is desirable.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW