- Hold a bachelor's degree and have a minimum five years of experience in content-producing roles with at least three years of full-time professional social media experience developing and producing written, photographic and video content
- Be an organized and detail-oriented communicator who shows sound news judgement, can set priorities, project manage, multi-task, solve problems, and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Have outstanding writing, photography and video skills, be able to edit photos and video for social media, and work well with editors
- Be able to convey the institutional "voice" on each platform
- Be able to tell complex stories within the limits of social media, whether in text, pictures or video
- Be able to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a strong desire to serve the needs of a fast-paced communications office within a higher-education setting
- Exhibit a track record for creatively leveraging social media to tell diverse stories
- Work collaboratively and independently, and work with diverse groups of people, including college students and faculty members
- Have a broad understanding of the major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Experience in an enterprise-level social media, public relations, news media, or communications organization
- Experience covering events live including producing Facebook Live or other streaming content
- Strong portfolio of photography and videography, demonstrating the ability to shoot, select, edit and post quickly to social media channels.
- Experience in tactfully and quickly responding to public comments and queries on social media channels
- Experience with social media content management system such as Hootsuite, Sprout, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and with creative teams.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW