Event Planning Responsibilities
Arranges all aspects of events such as lectures, conferences, lunch talks, panel discussions, invited speakers, book club meetings, receptions, meetings, retreats, and book events (on- or off-campus), etc.
- Arranges travel for guests, initiates the honorarium payment process and works with Shared Services throughout to distribute various related payments.
- Reserves on-campus rooms, places orders with building services, and other entities both on- and off-campus, with close attention to deadlines.
- Works with graphic designer and printer on promotional material.
- Orders catering, sets up, cleans up after events, including food.
- Sends out invitations and event notices; distributes posters on campus.
- Maintains event budgets and provides reports to event organizers and Manger. Ensures expenses are charged to correct chartstrings, and prepares financial reports as requested.
Faculty/Postdoc/Staff Assistant Responsibilities
- Makes travel arrangements and processes reimbursement requests.
- Provides scheduling assistance, including managing calendars, appointment requests, and meetings space reservations.
- Prepares and sends correspondence.
- Course support: Assists with preparation and maintenance of Blackboard sites, including uploading course-related materials, sending emails to students and ordering books.
- Conducts electronic searches using libraries on campus to search for, request, and download journal articles, publications and books. Picks up and returns material to the library.
- Maintains and updates departmental information such as faculty office hours, address
lists, and other information.
- Maintains and reconciles monthly travel and expense credit cards.
- Plans and schedules conferences, receptions, seminars, guest lectures, meetings, etc.
- Assists with onboarding of new employees.
Undergraduate and Graduate Administrator Responsibilities
- Helps coordinate all activities related to the undergraduate and graduate certificate.
- Gathers information for the semi-annual Course Offerings.
- Sets up courses in CUP/CAP.
- Designs publicity materials for courses and posts flyers/posters around campus.
- Provides course registration access for students, as needed.
- Works with graduate student leaders to help them set up events, conferences, colloquia, etc.
- Maintains/updates student information on the program's website, listservs and confidential student files and databases.
- Administers departmentally funded travel and research awards as well as summer stipends and summer and semester grants.
General Office Management Responsibilities
- Serves as the Program’s receptionist and represents the Program to students, faculty, and guests.
- Oversees office maintenance.
- Orders office supplies; waters office plants.
- Helps maintain the Program’s website, listservs, and social media sites (Facebook and Twitter).
- Receives and distributes mail; prepares and sends out office mail and shipments.
- Helps compile the Program’s annual report.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
Budget Coordinator Responsibilities
- Acts as departmental user in centralized systems, including SAFE, Concur, and Prime Financials.
- Assists in managing and balancing the operating budget of the Program.
- Works with the Program Manager and Shared Services to ensure all expenditures are accurate.
- Works with Shared Services and Program Manager to issue and handle payments and invoices, including journals, requisitions, purchase orders, voucher payments, honorariums, travel and business expense reimbursements for faculty and students, and helps manage University-issued credit cards.
- Alerts Program Manager and Director to budgetary issues.
- Ensures integrity and accountability in compliance with University practices, policies, and regulations.