- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Significant experience in administration, maintenance, and user support of Mac OSX and Windows. Experience with Linux as both a user and administrator is desired.
- Understanding of and experience with TCP/IP networking and related protocols.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and make connections between similar problems.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build good working relationships with people of diverse personalities and professional backgrounds, with a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to research hardware and software issues in a thorough manner.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, anticipate and address problems and delays.
- Ability to follow up on open items and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Flexibility in adjusting work schedule to accommodate priority needs, downtime and system emergencies.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using standard systems and software applications: Exchange, IMAP, Office Suite (including Outlook) and other Windows based systems and devices; Mac OSX utilities, calendar and mail applications and other OSX based devices.
- Experience using and administering Microsoft SharePoint.
- A strong customer service attitude, initiative, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously are essential.
- The ability to keep abreast of new technologies including computer software and hardware, smart phones, and peripheral devices is a must for this position.
- The desire and ability to learn and utilize new technologies easily.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., twist bend and work in awkward positions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in a university setting
- Familiarity with Linux and Linux system administration
- Experience with web programming tools such as HTML/XML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Flash.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW