Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience with emphasis on hospitality or related fields.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in catering and/or catering sales services with some high-end catering/banquet experience.
- Knowledge and ability to learn health department’s rules and regulations including HACCP and ServSafe.
- Knowledge of culinary techniques: hot, cold, ambient, garde manger, display cooking, and buffet presentations.
- Ability to negotiate and balance expectations and priorities of demanding stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with all business groups in Campus Dining.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy, manage multiple priorities, and delegate tasks efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse population and the ability to take and give direction.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, weekends, and work outside of the unit required.
- Essential Personnel: https://www.princeton.edu/hr/policies/conditions/5.0/5.0.4/
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day;
- Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8 hour day;
- Drive for no more than 30 minutes at one time;
- Lift or carry up to 30 pounds frequently (34 – 66% of the workday);
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday);
- Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday);
- Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 30 pounds (34 – 66% of the workday);
- Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day);
- Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead; lift 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height.
- Work under a range of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc.);
- Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
- Bachelors degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management.
- Higher education or non-profit experience.
- Experience assisting others in attracting, recruiting, mentoring, coaching, motivating, and leading a strong, cohesive and a high-performing team.
- Experience managing in a union environment.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW