The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology, Engineering or Science. Masters preferred.
- Two years’ experience in Linux and MySQL database administration.
- Intermediate level experience with Bash, PHP and Perl/Python.
- Fundamentals of programming in one of the following: C/C++/Java/Fortran.
- Experience with web based Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress or Jumla.
- Skills in the management of software applications used in physics research, like MATLAB, Mathematica, LabVIEW, Origin, TeX/LaTeX, CERN Root, CMSSW, scipy.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern TCP/IP network protocols and services.
- Basic understanding of electronic hardware and DAQ techniques.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., twist, bend and work in awkward positions.
- Knowledge of the following technologies and operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Office, SharePoint, Adobe Creative suite, Print & File sharing, Cloud computing, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in identifying systems-related issues and taking actions necessary to improve or correct system emergencies.
- Linux Administration certification.
- Prior experience with virtualization, visualization and video conferencing technologies.
- Exposure to iOS and Android in Tablets/mobile device technology.
- Demonstrated interest in keeping abreast of new and emerging software and technologies.
- Prior work experience in an academic/research environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent organizational skills, ability to work within a team and to work independently, managing multiple priorities simultaneously within tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for customer service, and the ability to work with students, staff, and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
- Flexibility regarding schedule; must be willing to work after hours/weekends, as needed.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW